So, the cover page of Raindrops 07 has gone up, which means updates are coming soon.
But before everyone starts spazzing out I feel like I need to make a couple of reminders, as I always have to do once in a while regarding this fancomic.
I am deeply appreciative to everyone who supports and has followed this doujinshi, especially for those who have done so since it's inception waaaay back in 2005. Every other comment or note that I ever get from you guys asks about "Raindrops". I'm always happy and flattered that so many people like it, and the fact that they keep asking means they love it.
BUT there's "asking", and then there's rudely "demanding". And so:
1) This doujinshi is done FOR FUN.
-Which means I do it for MYSELF first and foremost, and it's for MY ENJOYMENT. If people happen to enjoy it with me then that's great. Which means, I do not DO IT FOR YOU, so don't demand it from me like you're entitled to it, like I have some obligation to please you. Approaching me with rage and threats does not endear me to you either. You'd be surprised how many people approach me this way.
2) I have a life outside of "Raindrops"
-You know, like everyone else. I have a job, and bills and family and friends that also happen to occupy my time. And frankly, as much as I love Sesshomaru and Kagome, they're not the only thing I like to draw. So if artwork goes up that isn't Raindrops related and you throw a tantrum (and some do) please remember that I could care less.
3) I am doing this FOR FREE
- Yup. No one pays me to do this. And I don't make any money off of it. There are no printings of this doujinshi and it's online for everyone's viewing pleasure. This is not my job. It's my hobby. So unless you plan on throwing money at me to update it, don't try to act like my boss.
4) It takes a lot longer to make it than for you to read it.
- Seriously, a fancomic doesn't just "happen". At least for me, it takes planning. I have to write it, and then make a script. Then there's thumbnailing the pages, and then actually sketching out the pages. And after that, there's clean up, then scanning and corrections and toning. Let's not forget adding bubbles and text and then formatting it and taking the time to post it with all of the proper links so you can have an easier time reading it. It takes me hours, days, and weeks for me to make it, and it only takes YOU 5 seconds to read it. Give me a minute, kay?
5) "When will you update Raindrops?"
-Which is what this all comes down to and my most frequently asked question. And the answer? Along with all of the above? "Whenever I feel like it."
6) When are Kagome and Sesshomaru going to hook up?!
- If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the Author knows what's good for the story, and that the readers don't really know what they want. Again, I am doing this story to please myself, not the fans. If I wanted that, I'd write friggin' "Twilight". Raindrops is not meant to be purely fanservice, and I have said many times before that if you're expecting a make out session two chapters in, this is not the doujinshi for you. The more I write it, the more the characters write themselves. Kagome and Sesshomaru will tell me when they're ready.
7) JUST BECAUSE I DO NOT UPDATE IN A LONG TIME DOES NOT MEAN THAT RAINDROPS IS ABANDONED!
- This is my longest running project, and I know the first thing people thing when they don't see me update in a while is that I've given up on it. It's safe to say that with Raindrops, this is not going to happen. For those of you who have been following Raindrops from the beginning, you'll all know that it's rather typical to get a chapter a year. Once again, life interferes. Isn't it pesky?
Also, some people talk to me like I have some deep-rooted depression issues when I don't update, like the frequency of my postings reflect how happy I am with life. Please don't talk down to me like I'm some kind of emo child. I know you're trying to help me like some kind of counselor trying to save me from suicide, but to me, it just sounds preachy and condescending. I don't update because I am depressed. It's because I'm busy with other things.
I know this journal entry is loaded with sarcasm and is Rant-like in nature, but that's only because ALL OF THIS HAPPENS. A lot. And it's grown to be quite the pet peeve.BUT!
With all of that said, I would like to end this note with a big THANK YOU to those who are patient, and who continue to follow this doujinshi. It really does make me happy to know that even after so many years people are still quite passionate about Kagome and Sesshomaru's story, and are willing to endure the terrible artwork (oh gawd, the early chapters... they burn my eyes) to see it through. It's also always satisfying to know that "Raindrops" converts a lot of fans to Sess/Kag. I am extremely fortunate to have so many loyal viewers, and hope to never disappoint.
Thank you all once again! *bows*
**As a side note, Chapter 07 is sketched out but needs to be cleaned up. I will try to average about a page a week. There are about 33 pages in all for the "Obon" chapter.
Raindrops itself is planned for at least 10 chapters total, including the ones already posted.
There are also plans for a post "Raindrops" doujinshi lasting for at least 5 chapters. A tentative name for that series will be "Rainy Days"